Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fall Break in Dallas

My family came to visit Ryan and I for part of their fall break. It was so much fun having them here in Dallas with us. Being Dallas newbies ourselves, we didn't really know what to do with them here- so we kinda explored Dallas together. So here are some fun places/things to do in Dallas, especially during the Fall. 

 1. Go to a pumpkin patch! Obviously this is a fall favorite. Dallas actually has a few pumpkin patches. I have not been to the Dallas Arboretum, but I have heard that it is the cutest during Fall. There is a cute pumpkin village made up of 75,000 pumpkins and gourds. If you don't feel like paying an entrance fee for a pumpkin patch, there are other patches around the area you can go and find nice pumpkins for carving or decorating your home! 

2. White Rock Lake: This has been our go-to place pretty much every weekend. Ryan will bike around the lake and I will run for a little bit. We rather enjoy it, because it is pretty much the only outdoorsy place we have found in Dallas so far. There is a rental place right by the lake, so with my family we rented paddle boards. This is a great summer activity, but it was also really nice for the Fall because the weather is perfect. 
3. Top Golf: Several Dallas locals have told us about Top Golf. My dad loves golf, so we decided with them here would be the perfect time to go! It was really fun! The best part is that you don't have to be good at golf at all. It's kinda like bowling... but golf. Super fun idea. This is a great activity for a group of friends/family. 


4. Texas State Fair: I know I talked about this in a previous post (here), but it gets added to the list of things to do because it is a big event during the Fall. Seriously everyone here talks about it. We didn't go with my family because Ryan and I already went... but it is an event that is worth going to at least once. 
 5. Good Eats: I know there are a LOT of foodie places in Dallas. We have not even scratched the surface, so these recommendations might change once we visit more places... but for the time being, Ryan and I really love Torchy's Tacos- super yummy and affordable. And Ryan loves the BBQ of the Pecan Lodge. 

And here are just some pictures we took in our neighborhood :) Thanks for coming you guys!


0 comments:

Post a Comment