Wednesday, October 28, 2015

DIY: Hello Desk Decor

I've had the materials for this project for awhile now.. and have been so excited to make it! I have seen desk stands like this all over and think they are just darling- but most of them are pretty expensive! So I made my own and I absolutely love it. It looks so cute on my desk- I may make another one for my office desk cause it is just so cute and so easy/cheap to make! 
MATERIALS: 
-Wood block- i actually found a big strip of wood and just sawed a little block off... but I'm sure you could find blocks at a hardware store or craft store- OR you could use baking clay and form it into a block- then bake to harden
-Wire-i found this copper wire at Walmart for $1
-Pliers- this just helps in forming the wire letters
- Paint & Paintbrush- if you want to paint your wood block
-Masking tape- to aid in painting designs on your block
-Screw- i used a screw to add holes into my block where the wire fits in
1. I chose to color block a diagonal stripe on my wood- so using making tape, I just taped the design I wanted, then painted the block white.  
2. After it dried, I took the tape off and it looked like this! 
3. Form whatever word you want in the wire- I picked "hello," but really you can form whatever word you want! You could make a few different words and then swap them out every once in awhile for variety. Just make sure the wire is long on the two ends- because that is where it will insert into the wood. 
4. Center the wire onto the wood and place little marks where you need to drill holes. I used a screw to add holes into the wood and it worked really well. You don't have to make them too deep, but just deep enough for the wire to stay in them. 
5. Insert the wire into the holes and you are done! 

This was seriously so easy to make and it turned out super cute. This is the kind of thing I really like, but probably wouldn't buy myself- so making it was a great way for me to have one and not spend a lot of money. 


                                                                              xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment