Saturday, September 26, 2015

DIY: Wood Polaroid Magnets

Guys. This is my third post this week- whaaa? I know. I decided that if I was going to be serious about getting this blog rolling, I needed to produce a lot of content- meaning three times a week. That is my goal, and the first week has been successful. Ha, we will see if it continues... but I am really going to try! 
Today, I made these really cute polaroid magnets. I know this isn't a super original idea, since I have seen them before on Pinterest, though I have never actually clicked on the pin. But I came across these cute little wood rectangles at the craft store, and thought making instagram polaroids would be a great way to add some personality to our kitchen. So maybe this is different from the other tutorials out there.. maybe it is exactly the same- idk, but either way, you should make them cause they turn out really cute. 
 MATERIALS
- Card Stock (I already had a poster board, so I just cut rectangles out the same size as the wood rectangles) 
-Mod Podge (I found this one in the $1 bins at Target)
- Magnets (I bought a magnet roll that you can just cut)
-Wood Rectangles (I found these at Michael's)
-Pictures (I made this 4X6 collage on Walmart Photo's website- super cheap and the pictures turn out to be the perfect size. I just used some of my Instagram photos)
1. Cut out the individual photos
2. Trace you photo onto one of the pieces of card stock. 
3. Cut the square you traced out- making the polaroid shape. 
 4. Using mod podge, or some other glue, glue the card stock frame on top of your photo. Then, glue the card stock/photo to the wood rectangle.
5. Since I used mod podge to glue the frame on, I also just painted a coat onto the top to give the magnet a nice glossy finish. 
6. Add your magnets to the back of the frames (for some reason the magnets weren't sticking very well, so I glued them down with super glue to make sure they hold. 
 And you're done! You can write on the bottoms of them if ya want to give them that polaroid feel- or just leave them be and stick em on your fridge or any other magnetic board. But that's it- super easy and cute! 
xoxo 


0 comments:

Post a Comment