Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Copper Pipe Ponytail

So this hair style was inspired by this post from the blog Treasures and Travels-(really cute blog). I loved the idea, and wanted to recreate it. These copper pipes come pre cut at Home Depot. This one was $0.88 I believe... worth it. I love this because 1. I am obsessed with copper (as you all know) and this just gives me one more way to integrate it into my life, 2. I am a big fan of finding different ways to put my hair up- cause my hair down in Texas humidity just doesn't work most of the time, nor do I have the patience for it. SO I just thought this was just a super cute and unique way to mix things up in the ponytail department. 
Also, I'm thinking a whole post could be created about How To Make Things Found in Home Depot Fashionable. I seriously have gone there maybe as much as I have gone to Target in the past month...
I chose to do a dutch braid all the way down one side of my head because I love the look of that when you pull the braid apart some and make it bigger. I just thought it added some lovely texture to compliment the copper pipe. Also it helps keep the pipe in place better. But I do think it could look super classy with just the pipe and super straight, sleek hair. Also, a fishtail braid would look good with it. OR I think I want to get a smaller size pipe- and use it in like a half pony of some sort... yeah, I'm gonna try that.. pictures to come! Regardless if you braid your hair or not, I recommend braiding your whole ponytail at first to slip the copper pipe on... it makes the process a lot easier when your hair is braided together- then you can unravel it once the pipe is secure at the top.
 Try it. It's really cute. Thanks Treasures and Travels for your creative minds!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment